Saturday, August 21, 2010

Texas 2010

We went to Texas to visit my parents, Mimi and Papa. We had
such a great time. This year I actually drove down by myself
with the kids. 14 hours. It was a success. We made it!

Whenever we go there are some things that are a must-do
every time. Like going to our friends Ranch and feeding the
longhorns. We all love it. We climb into the back of the truck
and go 4 wheelin to the longhorns and feed them. Some will
eat right out of our hands. Tonight it started to pour on us.
So then we all climbed into the cab.

Then there are things that we have never done before. We
went to this small zoo that was beautiful. We went early so
that it wasn't so hot and with all of the rain it was only like 85
degrees. This was a cute rope play area by the monkeys. So that
the kids could all act like monkeys. They had all different kinds
of play areas by different animals. I loved it.

We also went to the Dr. Pepper museum. My mom and
I thought it was pretty cool, but the kids were pretty bored.
This is where Dr. Pepper originated.

We also went to some friends house and fed their
goats.. Most of the kids were pretty scared. This
friend also has an Indian cave on his property so
we all climbed into his truck and went to look at
it. When we got out of the truck he told us to follow
BEHIND him. Meanwhile he was getting out his gun
and loading it. JUST IN CASE we run into any
rattlesnakes. WHAT!!!!!!! Are you kidding me. The kids
were expecting something a little cooler. The man
is actually is getting ready to excavate the cave and
Texas A&M is going to be coming over to help. No
pictures of this because I was too busy holding Ruby
and looking for snakes!

When was the last time you went to a drive in movie?
We went twice this trip. The kids thought it was a blast.
very economical. 10 dollars for the carload, double feature,
which we did not stay for, and bring your own snacks.
Great outing for all.

THE POOL. This was probably the kids favorite thing to do.
We went every afternoon. I was even starting to get a tan.
This pool has a diving board and the kids LOVE it. It was so
much fun.


One night they were shooting a commercial of the town for
the state of Texas. So we went down to walk main street so
that we could be in the commercial and support the Mayor.
Clifton was picked as one of the top cities for cultural arts.
They have all kinds of famous artists that live there and an
author. I love to read her books. It is quite an amazing little
city.


Now that Sadie has her own camera it looks like I might be
in some of the pictures! WOW.

Cory came down for the last weekend that I was there and then
we drove back together. But Sadie got to stay behind with my
mom and dad. They then took her down to her cousins house to
stay with her for a few days. She had so much fun hanging out,
staying up all night, making hair clips and going to the beach.
Diane made her some cute vinyl for her room I will have to post
that when I get it up.
Until Christmas!!

3 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

your parents are looking fantastic! i wanted to squeeze them through my screen. i love them.

your drive-in photo is not very representative of the "fun" you guys had. i'm just sayn.

glad it was a great trip. i miss you.

Buschfest said...

How fun! What a great summer adventure!

Amanda said...

Glad you guys had such a good trip! I am seriously in awe of you that you drove 14 hours by yourself - well, by yourself would be easy...by yourself with the kids!